FIND GROWTH AMONG THE TREES.
Nestled among the redwoods, pines, and rhododendrons of Mendocino County, The Woods is a picturesque community offering private homes on generous lots. Home sizes and styles vary; most average between 1,100 and 2,000 square feet.
Homes, many with an open floorplan, are well-designed to maximize privacy and to let in the beauty of the surrounding environment. Outdoor decks, along with a full garage or carport, are included on all sites. Landscaping can be left to reflect the natural beauty of the environment or re-designed by the owner consistent with The Woods’ landscaping standards.
- Exceptional recreational facilities
- Heated, indoor swimming pool and spa
- A clubhouse
- Billiard table
- Exercise room
- LifeTrail Advanced Wellness System
Located only a short, scenic drive from The Woods, you will find a golf course, one of six California State Park beaches, or historic Mendocino’s galleries and shops. The Little River Airport is also close by.
Activities for An Active Lifestyle
Besides being unparalleled in its spectacular beauty and picturesque charm, the Mendocino Coast is home to a plethora of activities. Residents here are never at a loss for fun and interesting things to do.
From arts and entertainment to outdoor sporting life, the Mendocino coast truly has something for everyone.
Neighborhood Points of Interest
Arts and Entertainment
- The Mendocino Art Center – offers an exciting array of classes and workshops
- The Mendocino Music Festival – now in its 25th year
- The Mendocino Film Festival – features award-winning independent films
- Art galleries and local artists
- The historic seaside village of Mendocino – founded in the 1800s
- Kelly House Museum – home of Mendocino Historical Research, Inc.
- Ford House Museum
- Guest House Museum
- Point Cabrillo Lighthouse
- Coast Twin Cinemas Movie Theater
- Two local libraries – Mendocino and Fort Bragg
- College of the Redwoods – offers community education and arts classes
- The Skunk Train – offering train rides through the redwoods
- Casinos – a one- to two-hour drive to Garcia River Casino
- World-class local brewery and renowned wineries
- A wide variety of restaurant dining from down-home to gourmet
- Thanksgiving Coffee Company – the first sustainable artisan coffee roaster in the world
- The Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens – now in its 50th year
- Van Damme State Park in Little River – a major destination for camping
- MacKerricher State Park – major camping destination, Harbor Seal viewing
- Bird watching – local Audubon chapter
- Rhododendron show – Noyo chapter of the American Rhododendron Society
- Annual whale festivals and whale watching opportunities
- The Redwoods – short drive to one of the remaining virgin stands
Sports and Outdoor Activities
- Ricochet Ridge Ranch – trail rides through the redwoods and along the beaches
- Hiking, Biking, Surfing and Kayaking – Big River and sea cave tours
- Little River Inn Golf Course – gorgeous nine-hole course with stunning ocean views
- Ocean and river fishing, abalone diving
- Abalone Watch – volunteers help Dept. of Fish and Game protect abalone population
- C.V. Starr Aquatic Center – home to state-of-the-art, world class, indoor swimming pool
- Indoor rock wall