Performs a variety of administrative and clerical support duties for the Affordable Housing community.
- Receives visitors, determines nature of visit, and directs accordingly. Greets in-house residents; provides general information and referrals to inquiries.
- Schedules applicant interviews and acts as resource regarding questions pertaining to Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Sequoia Living occupancy, and the living environment at Western Park Apartments.
- Assists in the certification process of new applicants, assigns waitlist numbers, maintains waitlist, and sends out acknowledgement letters in accordance with HUD, LIHTC, and Sequoia Living procedures.
- Assists with residents move in/move out processing in accordance with HUD, LIHTC, and Sequoia Living procedures by scheduling appointments and completing paperwork.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks including, but not limited to, typing, filing, sorting, distributing memos, flyers, and mail for administrative staff. Accepts mail and deliveries and distributes to residents and staff. Maintains inventory, orders office supplies, and equipment.
- Assists in updating and maintaining computer database with current resident information.
- Processes requests as required for outside services including telephone and other services. May assist by calling vendor or relaying phone numbers.
- Keeps a variety of routine records such as incident log, maintenance requests, resident absence records, parking log and room keys. Maintains Resident Directory.
- Assist in coordinating special events and working with staff, residents, volunteers, and students on various activities as required.
- Acts as emergency/safety liaison with maintenance and security. Assists in data entry of maintenance work orders and maintaining a Security Guard Manual and Emergency Plan Handbook.
- Monitors fire and emergency alarms, close-circuit security video equipment, and emergency warning panels.
- Picks up and delivers supplies for building and resident services. Delivers packages and miscellaneous items to Sequoia Living communities.
- Provides backup for the Receptionist/Security coverage.
- Performs other work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Basic knowledge of office procedures. Basic clerical skills including filing, record keeping, and operating office equipment. Administrative skills to plan work, prioritize actions, and delegate responsibility as appropriate. Detail oriented skill with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities. Proficient English written and verbal communication skills. Listening skills to respond to resident concerns and sensitivity to work with older persons with multi-cultural backgrounds. Ability to learn basic bookkeeping 2.20.2020 processes. Ability to learn and understand senior affordable housing community operation, Section 8, HUD, LIHTC, and other applicable compliance rules and regulations for residential communities for the elderly. Ability to work with individuals who have mental health issues, including behavioral issues. Ability to maintain positive customer focused approach and confidentiality of resident, staff, and organization information at all times. Ability to act with patience, tact, and courtesy in dealing with residents, families, and staff under demanding and difficult conditions. Sensitivity to and understanding of issues related to aging. Proficient with use of technology including computer and Microsoft Office suite of products and the ability to quickly learn property management and maintenance software. Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires sitting, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
High School degree or equivalent. Some college preferred. Minimum of one (1) year of general office experience. Bookkeeping experience preferred. Bilingual ability (language depends upon community) highly desirable. California driver license, proof of insurance, clean driving record, and ability to travel to multiple locations on a daily basis.