Responsible for performing a variety of duties related to carrying out resident activities of daily living.
- Takes and records vital signs and conditions such as weight, height, and skin condition.
- Assists with details such as listing clothing and valuables, making introductions, and helping with admissions and discharges.
- Assists residents in hygiene and grooming including baths, hair care, oral hygiene, and skin care.
- Collects urine and stool specimens.
- Performs perineal care.
- Assists residents with feeding. Charts intake of food and fluids.
- Changes bed linens; cares for personal laundry.
- Maintains a variety of basic reports and charts residents' ADL daily; gives report to licensed personnel prior to shift change.
- Escorts patients to and from appointments or trips as needed.
- Lifts, transfers and ambulates patients by using proper lifting techniques.
- Reports all sudden changes to licensed staff immediately.
- Provides backup for Unit Coordinator as assigned.
- Assists Activities Department as assigned.
- Performs other work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written English communication skills. Sensitivity and understanding of the issues related to aging. Patience and tact in dealing with the elderly. Verbal communication skills to communicate with residents and staff. Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting of at least 50 pounds.
High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of an accredited training course for Nurse Aide certification. Current CNA certification. Current CPR and First Aid certifications for Assisted Living and Memory Care.