Performs a wide variety of physical and manual work involved in the preparation and serving of food.
- Prepares dining room, health center, and room service for meal service operation and completes a variety of tasks including preparing tally for trayline, preparing food items for buffet, cleaning and restocking kitchen, and re-setting tables according to established procedures.
- Maintains a pleasant and efficient atmosphere in the dining room by providing timely and efficient service. Greets residents and guests; takes food orders.
- Prepares food items for trayline production according to written schedules and instructions.
- Serves meals, assists in buffet service, and provides services for special catering events for residents and guests
- Busses dishes from dining room to kitchen after meal servings. May retrieve food carts from health center and deliver trays to individual apartments/health center.
- Maintains glassware, silverware, and supply list inventory at service stations and storage spaces.
- Cleans equipment including steam tables, buffet equipment, and other small equipment, following proper sanitation procedures.
- Uses a variety of cleaning solutions, kitchen equipment, and utensils in compliance with standard safety procedures. Follows guidelines in proper lifting techniques.
- Maintains food service related equipment and/or workplace safety standards.
- Performs related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Tact and courtesy in dealing with residents under sometimes trying conditions. Patience and understanding of the aged. Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written English communication skills. Ability to follow basic written and verbal instructions. Ability to comprehend and follow safety instructions in the use of chemical, solvents, kitchen equipment and utensils and proper lifting techniques. Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
No previous experience required. Entry level position. Previous food service experience desirable.