Performs a variety of physical and manual work involved in the preparation and serving of food.
- Prepares dining room for meal service operation; completes a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, replenishing and distributing condiments and setting tables.
- Maintains a pleasant and efficient atmosphere in the dining room by providing timely and efficient service.
- Prepares food items for trayline production. May assist prep cooks and cooks in food preparation. • Serves meals and assists in buffet service for residents and guests.
- May work a position in the trayline; set up meal trays; and assist in trayline service.
- May be required to deliver meal trays to outlying buildings by pushing a multi-shelved cart.
- Serves salads, desserts, bread items, and main entree.
- Busses dishes from dining room to kitchen after meal servings.
- Maintains food stocks, dishware inventory at service stations, and storage spaces.
- Cleans equipment such as delivery carts, steam tables, and buffet equipment. Adheres to cleaning schedule of equipment as determined.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Tact and courtesy in dealing with residents under sometimes trying conditions. Patience and understanding of the aged. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Clear verbal communication and writing skills in English to assist residents and staff. Good knowledge of kitchen and dining room work procedures and rules. Ability to comprehend and follow safety instructions in the use of chemicals, solvents, kitchen equipment, utensils and proper lifting techniques. Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
Previous experience desirable.