Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks in maintaining residential units, nursing facility, public areas, offices, common areas, or other assigned areas of the facility in a sanitary and attractive condition.
- Performs cleaning duties in residential apartments, skilled nursing facility, public areas, and offices. Performs cleaning of bathrooms, kitchenettes, and other special cleaning assignments. Vacuums furniture, floors, and drapes.
- May clean nursing facility rooms, public areas, contaminated areas, and handle contaminated wastes and linen in compliance with Title 22.
- Operates buffing/shampooing equipment for floor care and maintenance.
- Cleans and inspects windows, furniture, and laundry.
- Delivers laundry, packages, and miscellaneous items to residents and departments.
- Prepares furniture placement, drapes, and equipment for special events and social functions.
- Lifts and carries furniture to accommodate resident and facility needs. Depending on furniture piece, may move large pieces of furniture with assistance of co-worker. Weights may exceed 75 pounds.
- Assists in functions of laundry worker. • Recognizes and reports concerns regarding residents' physical, mental, and/or emotional status to supervisor.
- Follows strict adherence to established safety and infection control standards.
- Performs related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Ability to work closely and positively with other staff. Tact and courtesy in dealing with residents under sometimes trying conditions. Patience and understanding of the aged. Ability to read, speak and follow basic written and verbal instructions in English. Knowledge and understanding of, and ability to comply with, work safety practices and guidelines relating to industrial chemicals. Skill to handle all housekeeping equipment including power and hand tools and ladders. Knowledge and understanding of an S.D.S. Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 75 pounds.
No previous experience required. Entry level position.