Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks in maintaining residential units, nursing facility, public areas, offices, common areas, or other assigned areas of the community in a sanitary and attractive condition.
- Performs cleaning duties in residential apartments, public areas, and offices including cleaning of bathrooms, kitchenettes, and other special cleaning assignments.
- Operates buffing/shampooing equipment for floor care and maintenance.
- Cleans and inspects windows, furniture, and laundry.
- Delivers laundry, packages, and miscellaneous items to residents and departments.
- Prepares furniture placement, drapes, equipment for special events and social functions.
- Lifts and carries furniture to accommodate residents and facility needs. Depending on furniture piece, may move large pieces of furniture with assistance of co-worker.
- Recognizes and reports concerns regarding residents' physical, mental, and/or emotional status to supervisor.
- Vacuums furniture, floors, and drapes in residential apartments, public areas, and offices.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Knowledge and understanding of and ability to comply with work safety practices and guidelines relating to industrial chemicals. Knowledge and understanding of a S.D.S. Skill to handle all housekeeping equipment, including power and hand tools and ladders. Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written English communication skills. Tact and courtesy in dealing with residents under sometimes trying conditions. Patience and understanding of the aged. Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 75 pounds.
No previous experience required. Entry level position.