DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR WORKING WITH SENIORS? DO YOU LOVE HEARING THEIR STORIES AND LEARNING FROM THEIR EXPERIENCES? IF SO, COME WORK WHERE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS MATTER.
Who we are:
Viamonte at Walnut Creek is a bold new Sequoia Living retirement community that anchors a walkable neighborhood of shops and restaurants with the peaks of Mount Diablo as a stunning backdrop. Featuring close to 200 architecturally distinctive residences, Viamonte places its residents at the intersections of nature and culture, serenity and vitality, creative cuisine and cosmopolitan shopping.
Sequoia Living employees are characterized by an attitude of service with respect and dignity, excellent communication, and a willingness to step in to help other teammates. At Viamonte at Walnut Creek, you will have the opportunity to craft this culture from Day One!
What’s in it for you:
In addition to a beautiful work environment and friendly, engaging staff and residents, you get to bring your creativity and energy to work every day! Sequoia Living has competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that includes both a defined benefit retirement plan and a 403b with employer contribution REGARDLESS of employee contribution rates. Additional benefits include a choice of robust Medical/Dental/Vision plans, some with no premium cost to the employee, 18 days of PTO the first year, and tuition reimbursement plans.
Performs various skilled maintenance duties on a variety of buildings and community equipment, fixtures and systems. Performs a variety of duties in construction, maintenance, electrical and mechanical areas or specializes in an area such as plumbing or electrical.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance projects for both community’s physical plant and residential dwelling units.
- Operates and monitors proper operation of generators on a weekly basis. Ensures generators are tested for emergency situations.
- Monitors all equipment for proper operation. Operates and tests emergency and electrical system.
- Performs repairs and assists in renovation of residential dwelling units; coordinates the work of outside contractors as needed.
- Performs plumbing, mechanical, and electrical installation, repair and maintenance for the community.
- Reviews service requests for repairs and maintenance; determines nature of problems and recommends appropriate solutions; performs necessary work.
- Conducts inspections and annotates posted log results.
- Provides guidance to lower level maintenance personnel and provides technical advice as needed.
- Performs and assists in special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Performs on-call duties as assigned.
- Recognizes and reports concerns regarding residents’ physical, mental and/or emotional status to supervisor.
High school graduation or equivalent. Advanced training or experience equivalent to trade school in maintenance. Minimum three (3) years of skilled maintenance experience.
Sequoia Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Sequoia Living will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Come join our team and be a part of a vibrant community of dedicated professionals offering excellent service to our residents.