Plans, organizes, directs, and supervises housekeeping staff and all activities related to housekeeping and laundry operations for the community in accordance with established standards, procedures, and regulatory compliance. Manages all supply and equipment stock levels for Environmental Services (EVS), Housekeeping, Maintenance, and Renovations. Identifies best value vendors through a competitive process. Tracks projects and the associated software management applications. Coordinates the move-in/move-out process for Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Maintains and replenishes stock levels of supplies and equipment in EVS. Coordinates with vendors to determine pricing, delivery times, and installation. Serves as lead analyst in product, equipment, and Safety Committee. Conducts and evaluates bids when required.
- Participates in Home Office sponsored safety and disaster trainings.
- Adjusts the par levels of stocked items and adds lines to stock that are demand supported. Removes out of date stock and reduces back orders.
- Coordinates with Director of Environmental Services to ensure all inspections and drills are conducted per regulations.
- Develops short- and long-term goals and objectives in consultation with community management and consistent with Sequoia Living Mission, Vision, Core Values, and Commitment to Inclusion. Fosters an environment of employee engagement and resident satisfaction.
- Supervises and trains the housekeeping and laundry staff to established standards, procedures, and regulatory compliance regarding housekeeping, laundry, and sanitation. Including, but not limited to safety and accident prevention, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and infection control.
- Develops productivity standards; plans work schedules and assures that resident expectations are met by periodic evaluation.
- Schedules staff to clean community renovation, remodeling, maintenance projects, events, and meetings. Maintains cleaning records.
- Solicits, evaluates, and selects bids, directs and inspects work of contracted service providers under the direction of the Director of Environmental Services (i.e. pest control).
- Supervises personnel, service contracts, and various housekeeping projects. Acts as a working supervisor, performing housekeeping tasks as needed.
- Maintains and monitors inventory status necessary for maintaining a clean and sanitary community.
- Oversees the invoicing of special resident services.
- Evaluates methods and maintains equipment and materials to assure continued safe, efficient operation.
- Assists in developing, costing, and adherence to capital and operating budgets.
- Reviews requests for work, directs work of assigned personnel, and inspects completed assignments to assure performance and quality. Maintains appropriate records.
- Interviews, hires, supervises, trains, motivates, and performance management of Housekeeping and Laundry staff.
- Assists in the development, maintenance, and updating of the EOP and the Safety Data Sheet Master File.
- Recognizes and reports concerns regarding residents’ physical, mental, and/or emotional status.
- Assists in the organization’s sustainability programs, striving to maintain and enhance the “green” environment of the institution. Assists in the regulatory disposal of all hazardous materials.
- Serves as the Manager on Duty and works on-call as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Knowledge of EPA and OSHA standards. Knowledge of Titles 8 & 19 of the California Administration Code, OSHA/OSHPD and ADA regulations. Basic knowledge of accounting and financial principles. Thorough working knowledge of Title 22, Division 5 as it pertains to housekeeping and laundry standards. Well rounded knowledge of practices, proper equipment use, methods, and materials used in housekeeping and laundry. Knowledge and understanding of and ability to comply with work safety practices and guidelines relating to housekeeping, laundry and industrial chemicals. Knowledge of Safety Data Sheets. Knowledge of computerized maintenance tracking system
Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written English communication skills. Supervisory and managerial skills to plan and assign work, motivate employees, and provide work leadership. Organizational skills to prioritize and delegate assignments and complete tasks with minimal supervision and within established deadlines. Sound judgment skills to assess needs and determine appropriate course of action in emergency situations. Skills to safely handle all housekeeping equipment, including power and hand tools and ladders. Skill in organizing resources and setting priorities.
Ability to conduct basic cost-benefit-analysis. Ability to conduct causative research for problem solving. Ability to gather information, compile information and prepare reports. Ability to understand and read technical manuals, blueprints, and schematics. Ability to act with patience, tact, and courtesy in dealing with residents and contractors under demanding and difficult conditions. Sensitivity to and understanding of issues related to aging.
Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project), and inventory control, human capital management, and preventative maintenance software programs. Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 75 pounds.
High school graduate or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Four years experience in a Housekeeping and Laundry Department of a health care, residential building or similar community. Minimum of three years supervisory experience Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in inventory management. Minimum of two (2) years’ transportation coordinator experience preferred. Minimum two (2) years’ experience with an automated work order management system preferred. California driver license, proof of insurance, clean driving record, and ability to travel to pick up supplies as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Supervisory responsibility for up to 30 employees.