Directs staff in housekeeping and laundry duties and ensures the cleanliness of the residential units, hallways, offices and common areas.
- Schedules daily work assignments to housekeeping staff as needed.
- Responds to all telephone calls from residents concerning their problems and concerns as needed.
- Assists in the training of new employees on procedures and use of equipment.
- Responsible for linen inventory. Maintains supplies needed for operation.
- Delegates work to employees and ensures housekeeping assignments are completed appropriately.
- Monitors and inspects employees' work in keeping with regulatory agency requirements.
- Acts as a working supervisor performing housekeeping and laundry duties as assigned.
- Supervises furniture placement, drapes and equipment for special events and social function.
- Lifts and carries furniture to accommodate residents and facility needs. Depending on furniture piece, may move large pieces of furniture with assistance of co-worker.
- Assists in interviews, hires, supervises, trains and performance management of Housekeeping and Laundry staff.
- Recognizes and reports concerns regarding residents' physical, mental and/or emotional status to supervisor.
- Works on-call as necessary.
- Performs related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Tact and courtesy in dealing with residents under sometimes trying conditions. Patience and understanding of the aged. Knowledge of housekeeping operations, procedures, equipment and regulations. Ability to supervise and organize personnel, assign work, monitor progress and provide work instruction. Knowledge and understanding of and ability to comply with work safety practices and guidelines relating to industrial chemicals. Skill to handle all housekeeping equipment, including power and hand tools and ladders. Knowledge and understanding of a Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending and lifting up to 75 pounds.
High school graduation or equivalent. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a housekeeping department. Experience in health care facility highly desirable.
Supervises up to 24 Housekeepers and laundry staff.