Provides assistance and direction to the community’s management on matters of human resources that include recruiting, new hire orientation, benefits, leaves of absence, Workers’ Compensation, and terminations. Monitors the community’s employee files to ensure the community is in compliance with Federal, State, and Local employment laws and regulations as well as Sequoia Living Human Resources procedures.
- Coordinates employee recruitment and hiring process. Arranges for internal job postings, advertises externally utilizing various recruitment sources, accepts applications and performs initial screening for qualifications of applicants. Identifies appropriate candidates for community’s management interviews.
- Assists in the pre-employment process including, but not limited to producing offer letters, verifying Social Security numbers, arranging and scheduling for drug testing, fingerprinting, and other related clearances in compliance with the Sequoia Living policies and procedures.
- Assists in the new hire process including, but not limited to preparing name badges, coordinating new hire orientations, and scheduling physicals. Verifies all new hire forms and checklists are accurately completed in compliance with Sequoia Living and the community’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains HRIS/HCM database by inputting new hire employee data and HR related status change information in a timely manner.
- Administers employee benefits by educating staff and initiating the timely enrollment of eligible employees in medical, vision, dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, and life insurance coverage. Tracks, communicates, and acts when an employee gains or loses benefit eligibility. Assists with annual open enrollment by coordinating logistics of sessions with staff, visiting vendors, and the Home Office Human Resources Department. Coordinates the processing of retirement benefits with employee and the Home Office Human Resources Department.
- Processes Employee Termination Report and related paperwork to Unemployment Third-party Administrator. Serves as the primary community contact for the Third-party Administrator.
- Maintains employee personnel, medical, and I-9 files. Provides notification to management on license expirations and assists in scheduling of the annual staff physicals.
- Administers leaves of absence by entering leave cases into HRIS/HCM system and filing appropriate paperwork. Provides guidance to staff regarding Leaves of Absence and tracks steps culminating with employee return to work.
- Provides guidance to staff regarding Workers’ Compensation and assists in scheduling clinic visit. Coordinates documentation flow to Workers’ Compensation Third-party Administrators and Home Office Human Resources Department.
- Maintains the current Sequoia Living position announcements on employee bulletin boards.
- Maintains mandatory employment postings to ensure compliance with procedures and Federal, State, and Local regulations on employee bulletin boards.
- Audits personnel files and HRIS/HCM to ensure updated and accurate information in employment records and conformity with Sequoia Living policies and procedures.
- Provides back-up coverage to Human Resources Director in his/her absence.
- May assist with Home Office Human Resources related projects
High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. A Human Resources Certification or PHR designation highly desirable. Minimum of 2 years experience in Human Resources administration.