Responsible for performing a variety of physical and manual work involved in the cleaning and storage of kitchen equipment, utensils, and dishes and the maintenance of food preparation areas following safety and sanitation procedures.
- Prepares soiled dishes, silverware, and similar items for automated cleaning equipment.
- Cleans and maintains equipment including dishwasher, refrigerators, ice machine, buffet steam tables, storage shelving, and carts.
- Hand washes items as required including pots, pans, and food contact surfaces.
- Maintains established sanitary standards throughout the kitchen and work areas including dish machine temperature log and sanitizer concentration log.
- Disposes of trash and recyclable items; cleans own work area and any other portions of kitchen as required. Follows established schedules for special kitchen cleaning.
- Performs miscellaneous food service tasks including delivering trays and assisting with serving food.
- Uses a variety of industrial chemicals, solvents, kitchen equipment, and utensils in compliance with standard safety procedures. Follows proper lifting techniques.
- Performs simple food preparation tasks as directed by Executive Chef.
- Maintains physical, equipment, and/or workplace safety standards.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written English communication skills. Patience and understanding of the aged. Skill to follow basic written and verbal instructions. Ability to comprehend and follow safety instructions in the use of chemicals, solvents, kitchen equipment and utensils, and proper lifting techniques. Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Entry level position. Previous experience in the kitchen of a commercial or institutional food service facility desirable.