Provides direct and indirect resident care services that ensure the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of residents; includes the performance of disease prevention and restorative measures.
- Maintains Standards of Nursing Practice and carries out the policies and procedures of the facility and the Nursing Department; maintains compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Administers medications and treatments as directed.
- Directs Certified Nursing Assistants in performance of work.
- Maintains medical records as required.
- Provides direct care, reorders residents' medications, charts summaries and other pertinent information, communicates status during shift change, checks supplies and maintains equipment.
- Reports all sudden changes in resident condition to physician immediately.
- Assists in the planning of resident care activities based upon the Care Plan.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team.
- Functions as shift Charge Nurse as assigned.
- Performs related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Knowledge of nursing theory and practice. Sensitivity and understanding of issues related to aging. Patience and tact in dealing with the elderly. Judgment in order to recognize sudden changes regarding medical conditions. Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written English communication skills. Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting of at least 50 pounds.
Current valid California LVN license and Basic Life Support certification. Previous gerontological nursing experience desirable.
May supervise CNAs in absence of RN or Nurse Manager
On Call positions also available.