Supports, performs, or assists the payroll, accounts resident billing, receivable, purchasing, and accounts payable processes at the community. Ensures Sequoia Living accounting and personnel policies and procedures are followed.
- Processes or assists in the processing of biweekly payroll by summarizing timesheet and time clock data, obtains Department Head approval for hours worked, resolves discrepancies, transmits payroll information to payroll vendor, and distributes payroll checks. Reviews payroll reports for appropriate pay rates, shift differentials, premium pay, and PTO/Vacation/Sick Leave in coordination with Department Heads.
- Processes documents and records according to governing regulations and Sequoia Living policies. Integrating Sequoia Living pay (PTO/vacation/sick leave, salary continuation) with responses to SDI, UI, Workers’ Compensation regarding Temporary Disability Claims.
- Maintains HRIS/HCM database by inputting employee data and payroll status change information in a timely fashion.
- Responds to payroll related inquires concerning payroll deductions, accruals, wage garnishments, child support payments, and employment verification.
- Participates in employee benefits enrollment. Works with Benefits Manager and Human Resources Representative to monitor and enter payroll deductions for premium costs and to resolve related issues.
- Processes or assists in the process of accounts receivables; collects, reconciles, and inputs resident charges; prepares monthly resident statements; interacts with residents, vendors, resident conservators, and corporate accounting staff regarding payments, bills, and other financial matters to resolve problems; makes bank deposits.
- Assists with the community’s purchasing and receiving through computerized accounting system. Processes accounts payable and works with Home Office accounting staff to reconcile discrepancies.
- Assists in the preparation of the budgets and tracks variances from budget in actual revenue and expenses.
- Assists with the preparation of various reports as required, including reports required by state or federal agencies, community administration, trade associations, and any Ad Hoc reports.
- Maintains the meal ticket program and reconciles the amount collected. Enters the cash receipts in the accounting system.
- Handles the petty cash, reconciles and replenishes the fund as needed.
- Provides backup support for the Human Resources Representative in administering the pre-employment process, explanation and processing of employee benefits, and the termination process.
- Provides backup support for the Business Office Manager in payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and various other accounting functions.
- Reports observed changes in residents' physical, mental, emotional, and/or financial status to community management staff.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL
Thorough knowledge of payroll practices and procedures. Knowledge of labor laws and regulations. Knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping, collections, budgeting, corporate accounting policies/practices, and Medicare billing requirements. Organizational skills to plan, organize, and prioritize workload to meet multiple deadlines. Strong English written and verbal communication skills. Good public relations and interpersonal skills needed for harmonious work relationships and ability to serve external and internal Sequoia Living customers. Detail oriented with ability to input data into computer and/or 10 key calculator with minimal errors. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with automated accounting systems and their application to accounting functions. Ability to quickly learn the HRIS/HCM and accounting system software applications. Ability to act with patience, tact, and courtesy in dealing with residents, vendors, and staff under demanding and difficult conditions. Sensitivity and understanding of issues related to aging. Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 20 pounds.
High school graduate. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting preferred. Minimum three (3) years of bookkeeping/accounting experience. Minimum one (1) year of payroll experience.