Embrace a fresh, new life experience at Sequoia Living. You will connect with fellow residents, and the greater community, in ways that will enrich your life and those around you.
Sequoia Living Life Plan Communities are designed to provide socialization, wellness activities, and opportunities to discover, learn, and grow. Civic-minded people, like yourself, have unique perspectives and life experiences worth sharing.
Share your knowledge and talents, and build some new ones.
One of the most powerful drivers of civic engagement throughout our four Life Plan Communities are the dozens of specialized groups and committees available to you. Each of them is as unique as the diverse people who lead them.
Committees bring together the best of everyone by:
- Providing a welcoming, inclusive environment.
- Harnessing the collective mind power of individuals like yourself.
- Cultivating an exchange of ideas and perspectives.
- Launching exciting new programs to involve the broader community.
Sometimes, you just want to have fun. You can join committees that organize birthday celebrations, holiday decorations, and events, to name a few.
The Welcome Committee extends a meaningful, warm “welcome” to new residents.
If you enjoy meeting new people, consider joining a welcome committee. There you will be in the position of being a friendly face when a new resident moves in. You may even decide to become a “buddy” to help guide a new neighbor through the first few days or weeks of their transition. Being part of the welcome committee puts you right in the center of a group of outgoing, energetic fellow residents who are open to making new friends.
Getting involved connects you to opportunities to Never Stop Growing!
- Giving back to your community.
- Building new relationships.
- Using your skills and learning new ones.
- Being part of a team provides a wonderful sense of belonging.
- Maintaining optimum mental, physical, and emotional health.
You will find connections are transformative. Why? Because you’re giving back.
Regardless of the type of committee you decide to join, the benefits can be far-reaching and long-lasting. Residents tell us how transformative serving on a committee has been. Many were self-proclaimed “non-joiners” who observed the joy other residents were experiencing. They decided to give it a try and haven’t looked back.
There are dozens of committees for you to choose from. Here are some of the more popular ones:
Whether you are an artist yourself, enjoy art, or would like to enrich your knowledge of art, joining an art committee may involve any of the following: Helping to organize arts and crafts activities for fellow residents, displaying art, arranging for visiting artists, or sharing your expertise on art topics of interest.
- Birthday parties
- What are your favorite games? Poker? Chess? Dominoes? Are you a puzzle fanatic? Being part of a games, puzzles, or recreation committee gives you a chance to be in the center of organizing gaming events and getting fellow residents together to engage in some friendly competition.
- Health and fitness
- Whether it is the Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, New Year’s Eve, or any number of other holidays, if you enjoy organizing, decorating, and spreading good cheer, this is your opportunity to share your talents and enthusiasm and to help make holidays unique and special.
- Special events
- Advisory committees: Joining one of our advisory committees means you will work with Sequoia Living staff, contributing your expertise and insights to a variety of areas including:
- Dining/food service
- Emergency preparedness
- Health services
What kind of committee could you see yourself being a part of? How would it make you feel?
Schedule a visit to one of our communities below.